Wordsanctuary Revisited

Musings of a writer-teacher-counselor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I am inquisitive and have worked in writing, editing, and teaching. I am a citizen of the USA and also concerned about the world. This is an addendum to my original blog, Wordsanctuary. That's at www.wordsanctuary.blogspot.com Please check out my column at www.insidehighered.com, "A Kinder Campus." Click on Career Advice to find it. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Will Thinking Make it So?


For a fascinating article in Chronicle Review, click on this. I had not heard of the counterclockwise study, either. I very roughly paraphrase: Aging men were put into an environment that simulated that of another, positive time...a time of their youth. Before entering the controlled environment, they wrote about their memories too. (The writing part of the experiment especially interested me, as I've observed such interesting reactions in students of all ages revisiting their past on paper.) In the study, the men's bodies, minds, and spirits responded well to this shift in place (and time). A movie starring Jennifer Aniston will come out about the counterclockwise experiment soon. I wonder how that script came to be!

Image: Clip Art

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home