Wordsanctuary Revisited

Musings of a writer-teacher-counselor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I am inquisitive and have worked in writing, editing, and teaching. I am a citizen of the USA and also concerned about the world. This is an addendum to my original blog, Wordsanctuary. That's at www.wordsanctuary.blogspot.com Please check out my column at www.insidehighered.com, "A Kinder Campus." Click on Career Advice to find it. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

World Is Witness


My shock at the theft of the Auschwitz sign near the end of Chanukah left me speechless. I will try to put some of what I felt in words, elsewhere. This event closely corresponded with the 65th anniversary of my father's mother's death at Stutthof Concentration Camp, four months after other relatives, women and children including my half-sister and my father's first wife, perished at and/or en route to Auschwitz. The ambiguity is because without complete records, one must put pieces together...

I wondered, in the light of my shock, what I can do to help people understand that we all are one: Where one suffers, the earth suffers. With hate, we are destroying ourselves.

I offer this resource to anyone interested:

http://blogs.ushmm.org/WorldIsWitness/

Photo Credit: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home