Wordsanctuary Revisited

Musings of a writer-teacher-counselor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I am inquisitive and have worked in writing, editing, and teaching. I am a citizen of the USA and also concerned about the world. This is an addendum to my original blog, Wordsanctuary. That's at www.wordsanctuary.blogspot.com Please check out my column at www.insidehighered.com, "A Kinder Campus." Click on Career Advice to find it. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

For Paula, My Cherished Student

I thought of Paula vividly today. So often she would say, "Maria--when are you going to write about us?" I waited too long, Paula -- but your example of creativity and service has stayed with me.

She was a long-time member of my memoir writing class, and -- I learned at her memorial service -- a tireless community volunteer.

For anyone reading: Don't put off writing the reminiscences that matter: whether they be yours or someone else's. Chances are you might always be a bit too busy, but don't let that deter you from spending time with someone who has a story to tell.

Carve out a little time, and return to that project regularly.

Even in a rushed day, pause to look around and listen to the birds. In their color and song, they just may inspire you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home