Wordsanctuary Revisited

Musings of a writer-teacher-counselor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I am inquisitive and have worked in writing, editing, and teaching. I am a citizen of the USA and also concerned about the world. This is an addendum to my original blog, Wordsanctuary. That's at www.wordsanctuary.blogspot.com Please check out my column at www.insidehighered.com, "A Kinder Campus." Click on Career Advice to find it. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Walking Doll Waking: Summer Project

I am going to try to get my once-favorite Walking Doll fixed. Every one of her limbs is hanging loose. She is wrapped in two bandannas on my bed at this moment.This once-stunning doll still cries and shows the careful manufacturing of a day gone by. Her eyes are still luminous. Toys in childhood carry so many of our dreams and so much of our imagination. What happens if we revisit them? I give this as a journal writing prompt from time to time. It's a welcome relief for college students and for senior citizen writers as well. It's somehow very natural to rewind the mental clock and remember those hours of concerted play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home