Wordsanctuary Revisited

Musings of a writer-teacher-counselor.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I am inquisitive and have worked in writing, editing, and teaching. I am a citizen of the USA and also concerned about the world. This is an addendum to my original blog, Wordsanctuary. That's at www.wordsanctuary.blogspot.com Please check out my column at www.insidehighered.com, "A Kinder Campus." Click on Career Advice to find it. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Non-Political Blog

When I explain to the rare person who is interested that I have a blog, I am quick to point out that it is not political. That limitation, of course, is part of what leads to the "O" comments for most of my entries.

Well, I just finished watching a large chunk of the New England primary Democratic debates. I could make observations on styles of rhetoric...as I'm a word watcher....but I won't...

I will offer only one remark that I felt was important for my 15-year-old to hear: It began with the dangerous: "When I was your age..."

"When I was your age, I could only dream that among the candidates would be such diversity."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home